Who is the group for?
This group is for those interested in arts for wellbeing, to develop their artistic practice and to connect with others with similar interests. It is inclusive, open to all levels of skills and a place to share thoughts, ideas and works in a non-judgemental environment.
- Adults (18+) who are experiencing minor mental health difficulties such as anxiety or mild depression and would like to engage in creative activities. No prior experience in art-making is required.
- Self-referrals are welcome or can be brokered by GPs.
- £30 per half day - weekly session
What will the group be like?
Each session will be an opportunity for you to work on your own artistic interests while engaging in relaxed, open and friendly conversation with others in the group. The group will be able to proactively shape the content of the sessions.
You will try out a range of artistic activities including drawing, painting and sculpting in a fully equipped art studio. The participants will have a chance to meet new people, explore their creativity in a fun, friendly and supportive space. The sessions will be supported by Studio Upstairs volunteers.
It will offer an opportunity for the participants to:
- Make artwork in a shared, safe space
- Receive encouragement and support in setting and achieving goals
- Discuss contacts, ideas and networks for exhibitions, talks, workshops, etc
- Weekly access to a fully equipped art studio, for a guaranteed 12 week period
- Materials and refreshments (tea, coffee etc) are provided.
The next group will run at Studio Upstairs Dalston on Friday 9.30am to 12.30pm from April 3rd for 12 weeks.