Studio Upstairs is looking for skilled marketeer to join our team and coordinate the marketing effort across the branches for 14 hours per week. The role will be based in our South London Studio. Flexible working across the week will be essential.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of working across the full marketing mix, including: email marketing, digital marketing and developing design briefs
- Strong campaign planning and implementation experience
- A personable and energetic communicator, comfortable managing multiple stakeholders and responsibilities
- Technically proficient and with meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a multi-functional team
- Ability to lead and motivate a team of marketing volunteers
Experience or proven track record in fundraising would be an advantage.
If would like to be considered for this role, please forward an expression of interest (your CV and a supporting letter up to one A4 page) to email@example.com by 25th September.
If your meet the basic criteria, you will receive an application form for the second stage of recruitment. The interviews will take place early October.
Cover Studio Manager (Qualified Art Therapist)
Studio Upstairs is looking for Art Therapists who are interested to join our lists for occasional cover in London or Bristol.
The post holder will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check and provide their own professional indemnity insurance.
The application form is available on request from firstname.lastname@example.org
Chair of the Board and Trustee Board Members
The Board of Trustees plays a vital role by steering and supporting the charity development. We are seeking to appoint a Chair and two new Trustees to our board, to replace our Chair and Trustees who will be stepping down over the next few months as they reach the full term of their appointments. This is unpaid voluntary role.
Studio Upstairs exists to transform lives through creative communities. We have branches in Bristol, Dalston and Croydon. In addition to the full board meetings there may be occasional committee meetings or meetings of specific task groups. It is expected that the Chair will also maintain regular contact with the Managing Director and other Board Members.
The Studio Upstairs Board is drawn from a diverse range of backgrounds and has variety of skills. To complement the current Board, we would envisage that the Chair had a wide experience of running organisations and a particular interest in the charity sector. In respect of trustees, we are keen to hear from candidates with skills in the areas of Corporate Governance and Business Development ie: Partnership working or Fundraising as well as those within Digital Technologies, Health or Legal expertise.
The Board Meetings are to be held four to six times a year in London (Croydon or Dalston).
For all roles, a clear empathy with the aims of the charity are essential. You can find out more about our work on www.studioupstairs.org.uk
The shortlisted candidates will be offered an opportunity to discuss the role informally prior to an interview.
If you would like to apply for this position, please attach your CV and covering letter and email to email@example.com .
Studio Assistant (Volunteer)
Studio Upstairs is currently looking for Studio Assistants Volunteers for its London studios. This unpaid role is specifically for qualified or nearly qualified Art Therapists looking to gain and develop group work experience.
North London (Dalston)- Monday, Wednesday or Friday, 10 am to 5pm.
South London (Croydon)- Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday, 10 am to 5pm.
- Support Studio Managers
- General artists studio duties, such as setting up the room/clearing away
- Being an active group participant, making your own artwork
- Help maintaining stock and art materials, ensuring artwork is stored safely
- Assist with general admin duties if/when required
- Assist in the organisation of events, workshops and exhibitions visits
- Be an advocate for Studio Upstairs
Support for you
- Induction day
- Formal meetings with Studio Managers to assess and monitor development
- Opportunity to attend monthly team meetings and group supervision sessions
What we ask
- Six-month minimum and up to one year commitment.
How to apply: Please email your CV, a covering letter and a small sample of your artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We currently have vacancies in both the London and Bristol offices. In this role you will help us and gain experience in:
- Marketing and PR
- General office skills: answering the phones and responding to emails; monitoring stationary and art materials; maintaining a database of contacts; files and records management
This is a great opportunity to work in a vibrant and creative atmosphere, whilst gaining further administrative skills and contributing to an established project, which is evolving and expanding.
Key Skills Required
- Organised and accurate
- Good general administrative skills
- Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Good communication skills, written and verbal.
- An interest in the arts and mental well-being
Six month’s minimum commitment expected
How to apply: Please email your CV and covering letter (also indicating at which location you are interested to volunteer) to email@example.com.
Workshop Volunteers/ Artists, London Studio
We are now accepting proposals for short term workshops from artists. Please email your workshop proposal and CV to be considered for a session or taster session. We are looking for artists and art students who would be willing to volunteer to run art projects of their own design on various uses of art materials and techniques for up to four to six weeks at a time. In previous projects we have done puppetry, graphic design, portrait painting, oil paint techniques.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a short cover note on why you would like to run a project with us.