Vice Chair of The Board
Studio Upstairs is recruiting for a Vice Chair following a process of succession planning and skills audit. We are seeking an exceptional individual with experience of leading an organisation through change, knowledge and experience of charity governance and knowledge of the arts and mental health sectors.
The Vice Chair will share the general responsibilities of a Trustee & Company Director and will deputise for the Chair to ensure:
- The Trustees understand the requirements of Charity Governance and the strategic challenges facing the organisation
- The development of collaborative and productive working relationships on Board level
- The support, appraisal and development of the MD
It is hoped that the person appointed Vice Chair will subsequently be appointed as Chair, after sufficient period of orientation and time agreed with the Board. The usual term of service is for three years with potential of one more term.
The Board meets six times a year, mainly in Dalston, however some meetings will take place in Bristol or Croydon.
HOW TO APPLY
- Your CV, including full contact details and those of suitable referees
- A supporting statement highlighting how your skills and experience address the requirements of the role/person specification and why you are interested to apply
- Completed equal opportunities monitoring form and declaration
- Any periods or dates when you are not available for interview between 1st May and 30 June
The shortlisted candidates will be offered an opportunity to discuss the role informally prior to an interview. Feedback from interviews will be available within two weeks.
The successful appointment will be subject to satisfactory references and a trial period.
Studio Assistant Volunteer Role
Studio Upstairs (Dalston) is currently looking for Studio Assistants Volunteers for Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays, 10 am to 5pm. This unpaid role is specifically for qualified or nearly qualified Art Therapists looking to gain and develop group work experience.
- Support Studio Managers
- General artists studio duties, such as setting up the room/clearing away
- Being an active group participant, making your own artwork
- Help maintaining stock and art materials, ensuring artwork is stored safely
- Assist with general admin duties if/when required
- Assist in the organisation of events, workshops and exhibitions visits
- Be an advocate for Studio Upstairs
Support for you
- Induction day
- Formal meetings with Studio Managers to assess and monitor development
- Opportunity to attend monthly team meetings and group supervision sessions
What we ask
- Six-month minimum and up to one year commitment.
What we offer
- Reimbursement of monthly travel and lunch expenses
How to apply: Please email your CV, a covering letter and your electronic art portfolio or a small sample of your artwork to Andrea Zapata-Nalsen at andrea.z.nalsen@
We currently have vacancies in both the London and Bristol offices. In this role you will help us and gain experience in:
- Marketing and PR
- General office skills: answering the phones and responding to emails; monitoring stationary and art materials; maintaining a database of contacts; files and records management
This is a great opportunity to work in a vibrant and creative atmosphere, whilst gaining further administrative skills and contributing to an established project, which is evolving and expanding.
Key Skills Required
- Organised and accurate
- Good general administrative skills
- Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Good communication skills, written and verbal.
- An interest in the arts and mental well-being
Six month’s minimum commitment expected
How to apply: Please email your CV and covering letter (also indicating at which location you are interested to volunteer) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workshop Volunteers/ Artists, London Studio
We are now accepting proposals for short term workshops from artists. Please email your workshop proposal and CV to be considered for a session or taster session. We are looking for artists and art students who would be willing to volunteer to run art projects of their own design on various uses of art materials and techniques for up to four to six weeks at a time. In previous projects we have done puppetry, graphic design, portrait painting, oil paint techniques.
Please email your CV to email@example.com along with a short cover note on why you would like to run a project with us.